Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Two Minutes of Peace

One thing you certainly take for granted before you become a mom is using the bathroom in peace. Right now using the bathroom involves me brushing my teeth and William unrolling the toilet paper, touching the toilet, basically finding anything that will cause me to have to disinfect everything in sight to pay back for the 2 minutes I was just hoping to brush my teeth. So of course the next thought is to peel him off of me and close the door. I will then spend the next 2 minutes hearing screaming and pounding on the door.

Today Bella asked me to do something and I said, "Just a minute I need to go to the bathroom". Before I could finish the word William made a beeline for the bathroom. After this great effort I didn't have the heart to kick him out and close the door. Especially when he looked straight at me and with puppy dog eyes said, "Hi Mama". I realized I can have 2 minutes of peace another time.


3 comments:

Amy H said...

Aw, I can completely relate, Shayna! I have a little William in the form of Claire, I think. I have a pile of toys that I keep on the floor right outside our bathroom door that Claire plays with while I shower. They toys have lots of lights and sounds and they actually DO keep her occupied, thankfully. Our toilet paper is on a free-standing holder (i.e. not attached to the wall) and I put it up on the sink while I shower, along with the trash can, to keep her out of trouble. I am sort of looking forward to this stage being over. It sure it a cute stage, too, though.

Kate said...

I so see Ellie in both William and your Claire, Amy (she's almost 9 months old). I spent the last two minutes of my last shower trying to shave my left leg while pulling toilet paper out of her mouth (lesson: put the freestanding holder in the closet beforehand). I spent the moment after stepping out of the shower fishing a toy out of the toilet (lesson: guess it's time to make sure the lid is closed). :-)

Anonymous said...

But so worth it! Anyway, now Sophie does this to me! she doesn't get into too much trouble tho she often knocks over the waste basket that's right outside the bathroom door!
It's nice to be loved...
XOX Mom