Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Allergist Update

Thank you for praying!
Bella most likely has asthma.
She is prone to upper respiratory infections.
She is atopic, meaning prone to allergic reactions.

However, we still do not know what triggers the asthma. I need to keep her on one of the medications, and keep a record of what I think triggers it (having a cold, cold weather, activity- which made us chuckle, when is she not active!)

So, we really don't know anything new! They decided not to go ahead with the allergy test because she is too young. It is best for a child to go through at least 2 of each season to ensure they have been exposed to all the allergens which will give a more accurate test.

They thought she looked healthy and happy! And we got to visit Grandpa at his office which was fun. He works in the same hospital that we had the appointments.

4 comments:

Kari said...

Thanks for the update. I hate to hear that she has asthma. However, I'm glad that they now know what has been bothering her. Did they place her on any special medications?

Anonymous said...

Don't you love vague diagnoses? I can relate on the learning disability realm... not health realm. I'm glad you are proceeding in a direction and I pray for clarity for you and Bella and the doctors as you track this.

Jason, Angie and Brady said...

My niece Reese has asthma - she tells us when she thinks she needs a "puff"...it's so cute. They have to watch her closely when she gets excited and runs around - which is all the time!

Dan Ehrman said...

you guys have the cutest little girl! I'm sorry to hear she's facing some of these challenges. She is quite adorable though...fun to see all the pics online here...
Merry Christmas
Dan Ehrman (from EBC)