Saturday, January 21, 2012

Perfect

With Bella's hand in mine on our way into Walmart, I thought, This is the perfect moment with my little girl. We had made jello play dough in the morning, and it turned out perfect. So perfectly strawberry that William ate it in fact. We were out of cream of tartar plus I wanted to get some more flavors, so a quick trip into the store before our surprise date. We passed some hot chocolate with colored marshmallows and she asked if we could buy it. For only $1.98 I could grant this fun request. Life is so good!

With articles like this and this linked on everyone's facebook page this week I thought, there STILL are perfect, magical moments of being a parent (although not enough to convince me it is easier to have 9 children).

We were on our way to Beauty and the Beast 3D, and I couldn't help but smile thinking how lucky I am to have a sweet little girl to enjoy this movie with.

We pull into the movie theater and Bella exclaims, "Yay! A Movie theater! What are we going to see, Mom?" I told her it was actually a movie she had already seen...but it was in 3D!!!

"I HATE 3D movies. Those glasses are SO annoying."

Hmm, maybe there aren't that many perfectly magical moments in parenthood.

I offered to go home, we didn't have to see the movie, but she said she would go (don't do me any favors!).

And she ended up loving it. She sat on my lap and I realized it had been ages since I had the chance for her to sit on my lap since it is always occupied with William.

So I'd still call it perfect- just have to set the right expectation for what perfect is! And we clearly have some work to do on speaking with gratitude.

No comments: