Sunday, January 22, 2012

6 Years Ago Today

I was reminded when someone else posted on Facebook that today was the anniversary of finding out they were pregnant, that it was 6 years ago on this very day that I took a positive pregnancy test of my own.

I was suspicious all that week that I was pregnant. Mike did not think I was pregnant.

I was teaching full time and working at the Gap on weekends (I thought I was busy and tired then...little did I know! :) ), but I picked up two tests from Superdrug after working at the Gap. I didn't even need that second test.

Before this moment, I had thought about fun and clever ways to tell Mike I was pregnant someday, but in the end I was so excited, I did nothing creative. The news seemed enough.

And now, 6 years later, it is just a lovely memory of when we found out Bella was on her way. Part of me would give anything to go back in time and relive that day and time, but that's kind of silly since my baby is sleeping in the next room.

No comments: