Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Just Like Mommy

I had just read a story in the chapter of the book we are reading in my Mom's group (How Children Raise Their Parents by Dan Allender) about how the author was sitting in his library with his son busy on the floor beneath him. The father looked down to see his toddler son writing in one of his books. He nearly disciplined him until he realized that his son was simply copying his father who was underlining and taking notes in a book!

I have been putting together a Family History/ Memory Book
for Bella. (The story behind it is that my own mom gave each of her four children the unfilled out book for Christmas in 1993. When I saw it this past Christmas I asked her if the chances of her ever filling it out for me were slim to none, and she said, "Less". So I took it for Bella.) It's been a lot of fun to talk to the grandparents and great grandparents to fill in all the information. I've been sitting on Bella's chair in her room filling it out while she plays. One day I came into her room to find Bella filling in her own memory book. She had brought a pen from another room, taken the memory book off the shelf and set herself up to work.



Not the best picture. I am desperate for a good one of the two of us, and this is what I got.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is a genius, no question. I thought you were going to write about how you had written in all of Dad's commentaries and various other books. 'Fess up!

Jason, Angie and Brady said...

That picture is priceless! SO CUTE!

Loren said...

Come on up Shayna. I'm sure that Sara would love to take some pictures of you guys.