Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Happy Birthday, William!


My baby boy is two years old. I still feel I am getting a handle on being a mom to a BOY! I could not be any more thankful to have my little William Asher to teach me all about boys.
He loves to run, run, run.
Yet, he always wants me near.
He gets into everything, especially things he is not supposed to do, he climbs on everything, doesn't sit still for a minute.
Yet, he loves to dance with me, taking my hand and leading me out on the floor when he hears music.
And he loves to be kissed, and melts my heart when he signs "more" after I've kissed him.
He sings, but says no words.
He has a mind of his own, but he wants to do EVERYthing sister does.
With only a handful of words he is able to report (read: tattle) on anything anyone is doing wrong.
He loves babies and his friends.
Also ducks, dinosaurs, trucks, fire engines, trains, lawn mowers, tractors, airplanes, dogs and shoes.
And Coke.
Every morning he asks where Dada is.
He is itty bitty, weighing just 21 pounds at 2 years old. Perfect for pretending he is still a baby.
I love him.


2 comments:

Kate said...

This is SUCH a precious post! I hope you print this out and save it somewhere special for him. I love how he has so much adventurousness in his little body. And I love how he takes care of my little Ellie on playdates, asking for an extra cracker for her or letting me know when she's getting into Bella's stuff. I also love his little mischievous grin behind that pacifier. What a blessing that boy is in our life!

Anonymous said...

Fun and funny, precious little critter. Sweet and thoughtful, like his sister. Good job, Mike and Shayna!
We sure do love you, William Asher.
XOX Granny