Except nothing ever stays the same! Streets torn up and under construction, buildings that have gotten face lifts, shops we loved that are no more, children that were babies and have now grown up, paying more for the bus!
But some things do: yummy favourite foods, kind friends, the North Sea, my corner shop, walking through the gardens on a beautiful sunny day.
We have had the most lovely week. We arrived very tired on Sunday. Monday we went to one of our favorite places for lunch (the Carrubers cafe) and we ran into a friend and had lunch with her! I also met up with two friends for coffee while Mike came home and studied. Tuesday Mike defended while I met up with a friend for lunch. I also ran into another friend at the bookstore. This friend is, how do I say this politely, an older lady who has been friends with my mother's family for 40 some years. It was just crazy as she told me she couldn't remember the last time she was in city centre (she lives a bit out of town). Then we celebrated the happy news of Mike passing at a friend's house.
Wednesday was my birthday. We climbed Arthur's Seat. The last time I did that I was 6 months pregnant, and possibly in better shape than I am now!
Thursday we were around town during the day, and our old homegroup had a "wee party" for me at night. That was especially strange because it was just like old times.
Today we rang the bell at one of the families' homes that I used to nanny for. It was perfect timing because they had just arrived home from school. They were surprised to see us, but within minutes we were having tea and I was telling the boys stories of when they were little. It was really sad to not have Bella there just then, because they would have loved her!
Tomorrow we plan to take the train to North Berwick, which is a sea town. And that will be it, we come home early Sunday.
Bella seems to be doing fine. She won't speak to us on the phone, so we'll have to sort that out when we return.
We are thankful for all the prayers and well wishes. So far, everything has been perfect!
3 comments:
Glad you are having such a great time, Shayna! I'm glad there is not an apostrophe and an 's' after the word Mike in your happy news sentence. ;)
Ha ha Amy! I am very glad of that too! It seemed to long to write out passing his PhD defense or whatever, but perhaps I should have!
This paragraph hooked me:
"But some things do: yummy favourite foods, kind friends, the North Sea, my corner shop, walking through the gardens on a beautiful sunny day."
that is lovely. :) I'm so glad you've been enjoying yourself.
congrats to Mike!
Post a Comment