Monday, May 08, 2006

Our Little Movie Critic

For the past few weeks I have been feeling "quickening" as they call it. What is really strange is that I can feel my own heart beating a good deal of the time right below my belly button. On Saturday 29 April I felt my first kicks. I was afraid to say anything at first (even though she is right on schedule as you should feel them first between 20-22 weeks) because I was afraid it would stop or something. It is still too early for Mike to feel them. We can't wait until he can. They are so inconsistent that she keeps me quite worried most of the day now that I have felt them.

On Saturday night we went to see Mission Impossible III. This is the first movie she has "seen". Now I haven't been to a movie for awhile and even I was thinking it was quite loud, but the baby was going crazy through most of the movie. I'm sure the (decaf) Mocha from Starbucks did nothing to contribute to that either.

1 comment:

M. Leary said...

Shayna, that is hysterical: "Our little movie critic."